Bradenton Dream Center Bus Driver
WHO WE ARE:
The Bradenton Dream Center is a faith-based non-proﬁt organization established to meet the needs of the community, restore hope, and impact the next generation.
The Bradenton Dream Center exists to reach students, instruct them to become honorable citizens, and inspire them to pursue their purpose in life. Through the context of relationships, we provide meaningful learning experiences and opportunities to enrich the lives of the students in our community.
POSITION TITLE: Bus Driver
POSITION STATUS: Contractor - Paid (Hourly)
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: (not all-inclusive)
- Contracted for the School Year.
- Should be a High School graduate or equivalent.
Possession of a valid State Driver’s License, Florida Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a Class C or higher with a “P” endorsement.
- Completion of CPR, First Aid Course, and DOT Physical.
- Completion of a performance test in bus operations.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, ﬁngerprinting, and drug test.
- Experience in working with children and knowledge of youth development.
- Ability to relate to children, parents, and Dream Center personnel.
- Knowledge of traﬃc and highway safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions.
- Perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Strong Organization, Time Management Skills and ability to set Priorities
- Obtain strong Work Ethic, Positive Attitude, High Level of Energy and Flexibility
- Strong communication, Interpersonal skills, and Attention to Detail
REPORTS TO: Program Director
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES: (not all-inclusive)
- Maintain valid CDL at all times.
- Transports students to and from school following a pre-planned route according to a deﬁnite time schedule.
- Drives the bus carefully and in compliance with traﬃc regulations and Transportation procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety of school children in loading, unloading, and transporting them to and from school.
- Instructs children in safety precautions and practices.
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the bus.
- Signals children when to cross the street or highway and assures that children are safely across upon departure from the bus.
- Maintains discipline; reports unruly behavior to program director.
- Inspect the vehicle thoroughly before and after each trip.
- Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of supplies for a trip when needed.
- Reports delays and accidents and emergencies.
- Being attentive to traﬃc and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
- Keeps operational records and makes simple reports.
- Reports defects or problems with vehicle to Program Director
- Assures the bus meets regular maintenance schedules such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
- Performs related work as required.
- Ability to communicate eﬀectively with staﬀ and students.
- Ability to prepare reports and correspondence as required.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations and knowledge of oﬃce practice and procedures.
- Ability to distinguish the signiﬁcant from the less signiﬁcant when dealing with the behavior of the students on the bus.
- Required to sit and stand; use hands to ﬁnger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. Able to use hands and ﬁngers on a (computer) keyboard and other oﬃce equipment.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and rarely 110 pounds.
- Speciﬁc vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
By submitting an application, I acknowledge that my answers given are true and complete to the best of my ability. In the event that I am employed, I understand that any false or misleading information I knowingly provide in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge and/or legal action. I understand also that if employed, I am required to abide by all the rules and regulations of Bradenton Dream Center, Inc., and any special agreements reached by Bayside Community Church, Inc., and me.
Bradenton Dream Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. While we do make employment decisions that are aligned with our faith and beliefs, we do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand, authorize, and agree that Bradenton Dream Center, Inc. & Bayside Community Church, Inc., may conduct national and local criminal biographical searches, state sexual offender searches, credit files, and motor vehicle checks when applicable. I agree to sign any and all authorizations by appropriate companies or entities who are engaged in, including, but not limited to the Florida Law Enforcement Division, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other necessary agencies.
This application is only valid for the position for which I am applying and will remain active for 45 days. If I wish to apply to another position or the 45-day active period has passed, I may need to resubmit an application.