BAYSIDE PURPOSE: To help people know God, find family, live in freedom, and discover their purpose.
PURPOSE: The Application Developer is responsible for creating web/cloud-based technologies for all Bayside web properties and applications. These will sometimes support certain public-facing initiatives but often will help to support our internal goals to minimize the time people spend in front of computers so they can maximize serving the community. This person must be skilled in multiple development disciplines while also being passionate about using technology to further the mission of Bayside.
POSITION STATUS: Exempt
WORK SCHEDULE: 40 hours/week with minimal weekend responsibilities
REPORTS TO: Director of IT
POSITION SERVES: All Campuses
- Experience with modern web development in at least 2 of these areas: Angular, Node.js, PHP, Swift, Vue.js, React and others.
- Demonstrated experience developing and consuming APIs.
- Experience with WordPress including plugin development.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S1, load balancing) is a plus
- Ability to work with Github.
- Formalized IT project management experience including unit testing and test driven development.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects
- Friendly, patient, and great communicator.
- Limited regional travel required
- Must live within 1 hour of Bradenton, Florida
- Develop web technology for all Bayside web properties in collaboration with the creative department.
- Use various APIs to connect applications across departments.
- Visualize data using web based visualization tools.
- Other development tasks as assigned by the Director of IT.
- Manage contract and volunteer developers.
- Stay up to date on newest technology and best practices.
Performance will be measured based on the following criteria.
- Writing clean, well-documented code following current best practices.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Response to critical issues quickly and accurately.
- Quality of final product—how well did it align with the original specs?
- Ability to build and nurture a team of volunteers.
- Exemplifying Bayside life-giving character.
By submitting an application, I acknowledge that my answers given are true and complete to the best of my ability. In the event that I am employed, I understand that any false or misleading information I knowingly provide in my application or interview(s) may result in discharge and/or legal action. I understand also that if employed, I am required to abide by all the rules and regulations of Bayside Community Church, Inc., and any special agreements reached by Bayside Community Church, Inc., and me.
Bayside Community Church is an Equal Opportunity Employer. While we do make employment decisions that are aligned to our faith and beliefs, we do not discriminate based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
I understand, authorize, and agree that Bayside Community Church, Inc. may conduct national and local criminal biographical searches, state sexual offender searches, credit files, and motor vehicle checks when applicable. I agree to sign any and all authorizations by appropriate companies or entities who are engaged in, including, but not limited to Florida Law Enforcement Division, The Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other necessary agencies.
This application is only valid for the position for which I am applying and will remain active for 45 days. If I wish to apply to another position or the 45-day active period has passed, I may need to resubmit an application.